Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Pitchfork's Top 50 Albums of 2007


The cork sniffers over at Pitchfork released their list of what they deem as the top 50 albums of 2007 which can be found here. While I agree that many of the albums on the list deserve to be there I will never agree with the order in which they are placed. Pitchfork is a great place to start in seeking out new music, but they have an affinity to praise experimentation rather than the overall product of the music itself. But hey, music is subjective. I will be posting a list of my favorite albums closer to the end of the year, as I am holding off on doing so as there are still some great albums that need more attention before I am ready to proclaim any favorites. That being said, my favorite album of this year is Sunset Rubdown's Random Spirit Lover which was left off of Pitchfork's list altogether. What gives Pitchfork?

No comments: