Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles


The first seven songs on Crystal Castle's self-titled debut album Crystal Castles are a tour de force of catchy and highly original tracts that left my jaw dropped the first several times I listened to the album. The only problem with Crystal Castles is that it is awe inspiring on the front end and then cannot carry the momentum. I am not going to give a full review of the album as I have not given it enough time to fully digest, (so maybe my "momentum" comment is premature) but for $6.99 on iTunes you have absolutely no excuse to not buy it. Plus, it just plain kicks ass and all the cool kids like it.

Crystal Castles - "Alice Practice"
Crystal Castles - "Untrust Us"
Crystal Castles - "Air War"
Crystal Castles - "Courtship Dating"

EDIT: So I listened to this album more this weekend and I could not be more wrong... this album is fantastic front to back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The last 2 tracks are beautiful. I think the only mistake on the album is the track 1991. The other 15 tracks are great.