Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Samamidon - All Is Well


So I decide to do things the right way (legally speaking) and I am paying for it. I ordered Samamidon's (Sam Amidon's solo moniker) latest release All is Well from Insound.com and I have been bashing my head against the walls in anticipation of its arrival. From the moment I heard "Saro"I absolutely fell in love with Samamidon's sound and immediately ordered his albums' All Is Well and But this Chicken Proved Falsehearted. I am always drawn to emotion and sincerity in music and Samamidon is chalk full of both.

Sam Amidon was raised in a family of folk musicians and while this influence is ever present in his sound he brings his own flavor to the mix. The material on All Is Well consists of Samamidon's contemporary takes of traditional folk tunes that are eerily beautiful and goose bump inducing. I am taking a trip to the southern hemisphere soon and I hope to receive the CD before I leave, but for those that have not heard Samamidon yet I strongly urge you to give him a try.

Samamidon - "Saro"
Samamidon - "Wedding Dress"
Samamidon - "Sugar Baby"
Samamidon - "Tribulation" from But this Chicken Proved Falsehearted

No comments: